Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Partners in Education at sequoyah
The focus of Partners in Education is to link children with the community resources that help provide the knowledge and skills needed for their future success. The Partners in Education program connects children and teachers with corporate, education, volunteer, government, and civic leaders. These partnerships help educators improve the academic and personal growth of all children.
A partnership can be as simple as having lunch with a child, sharing a professional expertise, donating supplies, and much more. Every resource big or small helps. The sky is the limit when it comes to partnership opportunities.
Please contact Sequoyah Elementary if you would like to become a part of our family and be a Partner in Education.
Our Current Partner:
One Williams Center
Tulsa, OK 74172
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
Sequoyah Elementary School
724 N Birmingham Ave
Tulsa, OK 74110